examples not running?

Questions and discussions regarding the use of Qbox
Forum rules
You must be a registered user to post in this forum. Registered users may also post new topics if they consider that their subject does not correspond to any topic already present on the forum.
fgygi
Site Admin

Re: examples not running?

Post by fgygi »

The USE_XERCES macro is a leftover from older versions developed at a time when Xerces could not be built on some platforms. I would strongly recommend fixing the linking problem with Xerces. What version of Xerces do you use? What options did you use with the runConfigure script when building Xerces?
wangfc

Post by wangfc »

my xerces version is xerces-c-3.0.1
Since this is my first time to use xerces-c
I just make it in the following way:

./configure --prefix=my xerces path
make
and then make install

It was compiled with g++(version 4.1.2). No error message was seen during the process, and it seemed that the xerces-c was installed successfully to where it should be. And also, as I pointed earlier, SAX2Count et al. works well.

Thank you for your advice. I will keep on try to fix my problem with Xerces.
fgygi
Site Admin

Post by fgygi »

All the Qbox builds we made so far were using Xerces 2.8.0. Moving to Xerces 3.0.1 is not completely transparent.
See http://xerces.apache.org/xerces-c/migra ... grateto300.
Your best bet at this point to get Qbox running is to install Xerces 2.8.0.
wangfc

Post by wangfc »

Thank you very much for the great support.
Everything goes well after I use xerces-c 2.8.0

Thank you very much
pierrecarrier

Post by pierrecarrier »

This is a relatively old post, but I encounter the same problem on a Cray machine here (an XE6), I thought you might want to know. I'm installing version qbox-1.56.2 with xerces-c-3.1.1. The flag -DUSE_XERCES give the same error reported before. I also had to use the flag -DXERCESC_3, otherwise I get a syntax error at compile time due to Base64 inside WavefunctionHandler.C.